Hi! Liliana writing you a note here! I know we are all getting a bit tired of hearing about Covid-19 and you many even be more tired of trying to find safe and educational activities for your kids. I so get it. I have two kids of my own.
Schools are not reopening, some businesses can be open, and some cannot…etc. Many are not equipped to even approach required guidelines as laid out by the States, Counties and Cities. Here at the School of Dance and Music are equipped to safely continue at this time.
After spending weeks researching not only myself, but with hundreds of affiliated studios nationally, below are some precautions we are taking for all of our students that are in a private lessons (one on one) and/or semi-private lessons (under 10 students).
We all care deeply about the health and safety of all members of our community and will follow the guidance of our public health officials in California and LA County in making the best decisions for all. Don’t hesitate to ask us any questions you may have including out hybrid options starting this fall.
Covid-19 has turned our world upside-down and has begun to negatively to impact our children. Kids still need outlets and the arts have always been proven to decrease anxiety, provide emotional release, as well as heal and soothe. Not to mention higher academic test scores. Please know that you can count on us to be the ultimate safe space for your child’s dance and music art education.
- UV-C disinfectant lighting has been installed in all the air conditioners servicing all dance rooms, music rooms, bathrooms, and lobby. With this method, this special wavelength of light disinfects the air as it cycles through the return ducts and is maximized in all directions, popular in hospitals, this technology sterilizes bacteria and viruses, while additionally purifying the air.
- In addition to our UV-C disinfectant lighting, we have installed a Molekule® air purification system in all of our music rooms . This patented approached uses Photo Electrochemical Oxidation (PECO) which eliminates pollutants like allergens, mold bacteria, viruses, and airborne chemicals at a molecular scale. Light shines onto a HEPA filter membrane coated with proprietary nanoparticles. PECO is the only air purification technology that can destroy viruses.
- Extremely limited class sizes well below local and CDC guidelines. Dancers will be in semi-private groups of 9 and under. These are the smallest classes you will find anywhere. Student Max : 5 – tots, 7 – preschool, 8 – elementary, 9 preteen-teen
- Please bring you own labeled water bottle, as our drinking fountains will not available for use.
- Surfaces are cleaned and sanitized for staff & dancers between lessons
- No parent observers allowed in our lobby (one observer per student under 6 if needed in designated areas)
- Please stay home if anyone in your family was ill in the past 14 days (you may utilize our virtual options during this time)
- Come dressed and ready for class. Limit personal belongings and dance wear changes, preferably only dance shoes.
- New wipe-able dance backpacks & personal ballet barre covers arriving this fall!
- Please wear a mask when arriving and leaving rooms, face coverings are mandatory for all staff and for students (based on age and any updated guidelines).
- Spaces are marked in the dance rooms, ballet barres and performing stages for distancing. We will refrain from high fives, “ballerina hugs”, fist bumps, hand-holding, and stamps.
- Curriculum adjustments have been made to eliminate shared prop use. New personal prop kits available this fall!