Happy Monday SDM families! Please see below some important upcoming dates and reminders for your dancer.
7 Important Reminders for the June 2023 Dance Recital!
- Our end-of-the-year Dance Recital will be held at the Redondo Beach Performing Arts Center during the weekend of June 9th -11th, 2023
- All dance students enrolled before Nov 12th are guaranteed a spot in our optional year end Dance Recital.
- All classes perform in the June recital except for Mommy & My, 2 ½ – 3yrs, and technical classes including older ballet classes that meet multiple times a week.
- At registration, every dance student was placed to participate in the recital unless otherwise noted, if you would like to opt-out of the recital for any reason, please inform the desk before Nov 12th.
- If you are thinking about switching around or adding to your class times, please be sure to settle in your final choices by Nov 12th. After this date it gets harder and harder for us to guarantee a costume for you due to supply chain issues within the costume industry.
- Unless you have previously chosen to decline from participating in the dance recital, or do so before Nov 12th, a charge of $108 per performing class (includes costuming, video coverage, recital experience, etc.) will be debited form your account on file. (Full recital refunds are available until Dec. 1st – after this date we will need to charge a 50% restocking/cancellation fee to cover the stricter return policies that the costume companies have imposed on the industry.
- Tickets for the recital will be $20/guest with Ticket Sales opening in March 2023.
This year’s recital format is similar to last year for the preschool through Level I classes. This popular format for the young dancers offers them a more on-stage experience where they get to run their routine twice for their audience of loved ones. For the older classes that thrive on a bigger audience, a bit less hand holding, and a longer show format, they will perform in 30 minute mini shows with a mix of other levels, ages, and genres. We welcome all families to come watch and enjoy all of our different amazing shows throughout the weekend.
Please don’t hesitate to give us a call or visit with any questions you may have!
School of Dance & Music